Whip Cream with Cinnamon

posted on: Monday, November 3, 2008

Everything tastes better with whip cream even things that are already totally delicious, like this apple crisp that my babysitter made for us while watching our 2 year old so that we could go dancing all night. I KNOW!

Whip cream makes food better as well my insane PMSing. Today is raining like crazy it's the day before THE election and the only school work I've accomplished all day was meeting with a Professor for an hour where she described to me in detail about the horrific conditions of detention centers. I seem to have way to many of these Mondays.

HOMEMADE WHIP CREAM
A spoonful of whip cream helps my foul mood go down in the most delightful way!

  • 1 cup cold heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  1. Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream for 1 minute on medium-high speed. I like to put my metal bowl in the fridge before I whip. It makes the process go faster.
  2. Continue whipping the cream until it reaches a thick consistency. I am very conservative with my whip cream. I have turned the thing into butter too many times. Now I whip for about 3 seconds and stop and check and repeat until I like the consistency.
  3. Add the sugar and cinnamon and slowly mix it to the whip cream.
Whip cream is good but whip cream with cinnamon is a whole new level. Trust me, it's such a simple touch and it adds a nice flavor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails