carrot ginger soup

posted on: Friday, May 9, 2008

We've decided that we will try to plan our life so that we each work part time and we each get to stay home and raise our kids. However, if this plan fails and one of us ends up getting a full time job that person will for sure be me. Christian is a much better at keeping house then I am. Thursdays he has Enzo all day and I have school all day. I came home and the house was clean. This is totally expected from my clean freak husband. But the house was clean and smelled yummy. He made an awesome dinner; samosas and carrot-ginger soup from scratch. He also rocked out as a dad to a baby who hates sleep (see previous post) including naps, took Enzo to a museum, planted tomatoes in our garden, got two new plants for our living room and was in a total good mood when I got home. On Fridays I have Enzo all day. I can guarantee that the house will be messy, totally planning on eating left overs from today's dinner, and the fun activity that I have planned to do with Enzo is to go to Target to return curtains and shop for bras.

Christian's Carrot-Ginger soup



  • 2 lbs carrots
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 Tbs. butter
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
  • 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbs. freshly grated ginger
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp. cumin, ground fennel, cinnamon, nutmeg, mint
  • 3-4 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
  1. peel and trim carrots, and cut them into 1-inch chunks. Place in a medium saucepan with water, cover and bring to a boil. Lowe he heat, and simmer until very tender.
  2. Meanwhile heat the butter in a small skillet. Add onions, and saute over medium heat for about 5 min. Add garlic, ginger, salt and spices. turn heat to low and continue to saute for another 8- 10 min. Stir in Lemon juice.
  3. Use a blender to puree everything together. Transfer the puree to a saucepan and heat gently just before serving.

4 comments:

  1. I think, from now on, that you may have to share Christian with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should do husband seminars! hee hee. My hubby does dishes and takes out the rubbish and I love it! He also cooks for me on Mothers Day. He's fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to make this soup, but I think I'm going to do it with cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i completely relate to your thoughts. when i'm home its a guaranteed near disaster. when mark stays home, 3 times as much gets done and meals are always better...by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails