Flan (A.K.A Pudim de Leite Condensado)

posted on: Monday, May 19, 2008

Yesterday I made flan. My mom hates to cook except for this. I guess because it's so easy. It's my favorite flan recipe and I was finally able to get the caramel right, thank you Mighty Check out her post about how to make caramel.

Flan
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • milk
  • 3 eggs
  1. preheat oven to 350
  2. pour the sweetened condensed milk in a blender
  3. use the empty can of sweetened condensed milk to measure the regular milk. Pour the milk also in the blender
  4. add the eggs to the blender
  5. blend on medium for 1 whole minute
  6. pour the caramel on a bundt pan first and then pour the flan mixure over it
  7. The flan needs to cook on bain marie
  8. Christian suggested that I use a cast iron skillet to do the bain marie. genius!
9. cook for 45-60 min on 350.
10. turn the heat down to 250 and cook for another 15 minutes. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean then it's done.
11. let it cool down before you put in the fridge.
12. leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours then you can turn it outside down and voiala



2 comments:

  1. I can't visit your blog if I'm even in the remote vascinity of hunger! It makes me go CRAZY!!!!! FEEEEEED MEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiaiaiai que vontade!!!
    Posso comer um desses SOZINHA!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails