The Birthday cake.

posted on: Wednesday, January 2, 2008



Christian wanted a birthday cake. When I asked him what kind he said chocolate. So I made a chocolate cake with chocolate filling, brigadeiro (Brazilian fudge) on top and I put chocolate chunks on top of that to decorate. Most of my cakes look awful but taste fine. This one looked good but was kind of funky. I decided to add raspberries to the filling because we had some in our fridge and I thought it help the taste. It did nothing for the taste and made the texture totally grainy because of the seeds. The other downside was that I made the brigadeiro (I'll post a recipe later) on the same pan as I made the filling. Of course I didn't wash the pan out first because I figured it was chocolate and wouldn't make a difference but it did. The brigadeiro tasted kind of burned and never reached the consistency that I wanted. Before the cake we had a BBQ so people were too stuffed with steak and other savory things that no one seemed to mind the bad cake too much

2 comments:

  1. Hi Damaris, great blog! Diana is studying Nutrition, so I think she will enjoy your blog! I also like cooking, so your blog got two new visitors.
    I can't say if the cake tasted fine, but It's looking like the Chocolate cake from Applebee's. Nice job! :)

    Hugs.

    Bruno (São Paulo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake tasted really good and I'm not a huge fan of cakes in general.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails